5.07.2009

how beautiful are the feet that bring good news

I recently wrote this email to the girls that work along side of me in the kitchen. I was going to rewrite the story, but I think I may just copy and paste what I wrote to them, changed some names though . . . .


Ok . . . so I gushed a little bit about this tonight during sharing time, but when I got home from the mission my friend Kelly called me and immediately I went into the story with her about Valery and tonight's lesson. She was so glad that I shared with her and urged me to share with you. . . .

Fill in for those of you not at the meeting last night. . . . I would explain what we talked about - but Paul does it much better in Romans 10 . . . .

For "Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?
And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

this is why i love the book of Romans so so so so so much. blatant calls to present the Gospel and it works! soooo we also talked about Romans 1:16 "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes"

so all that to say, with the combo of the Holy Spirit's leading in our discussion of that and prayers that have gone up over this - I was not surprised but overwhelmingly blessed and excited to not only talk to Valery pretty in depth, but also to overhear Trisha sharing too. really good stuff. . . this is what its all about.

to respect Valery's privacy I will only say that the conversation started with "are you a Christian" - no . . . and ended with "Miss Megan can you pray?" I started taking her through the 'romans road' only because it is my fall back but then her REALLY good questions led us elsewhere and the HS was abundantly faithful in putting scripture in my mind that I dont even remember remembering. it was phenomenal - dare i use the term supernatural. only interrupted for a moment by the birthday song (note to blog-readers, it was my birthday this night and the other girls came over into our convo yell/singing happy birthday). mid-scripture quotation. This stuff is not the norm in North Philly. This is God-lead stuff. This is what-its-all-about stuff. so i prayed with her and looking at her face, eyes tightly closed while i prayed for her is hands down going to be one of those burned-in-my-mind moments at the mission.

so my goal in this is just to encourage, spur each other on. Hebrews 10:24 "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." what better deed is there then leading one of these lovelies to see God for who He is?

so its good and i want to hear your story Trisha. . . or a more in depth update. because this is stuff that encourages our faith. Like the stone monuments that were created throughout the old testament - i think of Gilgal mostly because of Beth Moore in Believing God (doreeeeeeeen) but just like those stone monuments reminded them of God's faithfulness as they looked at them and remembered what He did at those places - keeping His promises, being faithful - we can look at these things that He does with the girls as mini Gilgals for us.

Martesha calling Edwina, Paige wanting Leonia to come, Aliyma- well Aliyma all the time. Remember these things, share these things with one another to remember the faithfulness of God and His use of us in these girls lives - to be the 'called ones' that romans 10 talks about. to those who WILL believe - our girls (faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see!!!)

preach the Gospel, and if necessary, use words.

i love this. lets do the greatest act of love and introduce them to the ultimate lover of our souls. i know you girls know this - but i just love moments of clarity like this when it all makes sense and is definitely worth it.

No comments: